|Open network platformBESTFACT represents a neutral and open platform for any interested party, be it from transport, logistics, manufacturing industry, cities or academia, which has specific roles and responsibilities in an industrial supply chain.Who are the best in class?BESTFACT will develop a pool of best practices of sustainable transport & logistics solutions, impact and profitable green measures. EIA & Polis will communicate results at EU level while promoting it to cities, regions and industries.|
• A neutral platform for stakeholders to exchange experiences on best practices and to develop guidelines and new solutions
• Free of charge and unlimited access to information and participation in events
• A one-stop shop for information, know-how and contacts. BESTFACT will align promotional activities with other EU freight & logistics initiatives.The project will facilitate cross fertilisation of best practices vis-à-vis transport & logistic research technology platforms.
|Join the BESTFACT network!SMEs, companies in general, regional and local authorities are welcome to share their own Best Practice cases in the fields of:
• Urban Freight
• Green Logistics & Co-modality
BESTFACT Public Workshop: Eco-efficient solutions in freight transport chainsThis first BESTFACT Public Workshop (Amesterdam, June 2012) presented the results already acquired regarding main targets and key practical topics in freight transport and logistics.Within different sessions a mix of private business and public authority speakers presented the most up-to date information e.g. about electric vehicles, energy efficiency, consolidation and collaboration and many other themes within the three BESTFACT clusters (Urban freight, Green logistics and Co-modality, eFreight). A technical visitoffered insights into the most recent freight transport practice at the port of Amsterdam.
The BESTFACT project
The objective of BESTFACT is to develop, disseminate and enhance the utilisation of best practices and innovations in freight logistics that contribute to European transport policy objectives with regard to competitiveness and environmental impact.
BESTFACT will focus on and integrate three interrelated areas: Urban Freight; Green Logistics and Co-modality; eFreight. These three areas represent the most pressing issues in freight transport and logistics in terms of economic, social and environmental sustainability and they are in the core of the Freight Transport Logistics Action plan of the EU authorities.
The BESTFACT consortium includes 18 partners made up of European research institutes, universities, international associations and industry partners. The Project’s 4-year development will lead to the production of public-oriented knowledge base, conferences and workshops, to promote the best practices that contribute to European transport policy objectives.
How this will be achieved? Carrying out an extensive collection and survey of freight logistics best practices covering the entire EU, developing and promoting best practices, offering an easily exploitable and updated knowledge base, simplifying administrative processes and enhancing co-operation of industrial stakeholders etc.
The project deliverables will include a comprehensive knowledge base designed to be taken up by existing promotion entities, annual best practice handbooks, a large number of national and international workshops, qualified recommendations for policy tools.
Press Release on EIA event, Intermodal Seminar “Adriatic-Baltic Corridor: NAPA Perspective”
Read our achievements, activities and examples how members successfully use EIA…
- Cutting Carbon, Cutting Costs - conference highlightsCutting Carbon, Cutting Costs Conference at the Heritage Motor Show on 22 May. […]
- Commission proposes upgrade for 300 key seaportsThe European Commission has launched a new initiative to improve port operations and onwar […]
- Minister opens Maasvlakte 2More activity on the way alongside container terminals Maasvlakte 2 €150 million cheaper t […]
- Bayonne CLIPER launchs a new feeder serviceThe Intermodal Logistics Club Port of Euro Region (CLIPER) based the Basque town of Bayonn […]