EIA as a board member
The scope of Be-Logic is co-modality. This implies searching for logistics alternatives with the potential involvement of other transport modes.
Be-logic aims at providing two efficient online tools:
• Be-Logic includes an Intermodal Route Finder.
Thanks to a European database, it displays different possible routes as well as the participating terminals for potential customers.
• Be-Logic also proposes a Logistics Benchmarking Tool:
A benchmark of logistics chains can give SMEs insight into the potential gains of reconsidering their logistics choices in terms of costs, performance, environment and quality. In the long term, benchmarking can contribute to the introduction of a common quality label.
For further information, please go to www.be-logic.info
Based on existing research and practice, the project CLOSER will develop innovative tools for the analysis of interfaces and check these tools in a number of case studies. As a result, specific recommendations to stakeholders will be provided in order to obtain:
1. A more systematic approach to the whole project cycle of interfaces, from planning to design and operation.
2. Specific guidelines for decision makers in order to cope with the challenges of a particular project, and to get the most out of the opportunities that each project offers in the areas of transport, spatial, and economic development.
3. A friendlier regulatory environment; fostering cooperation and supporting better integrated interfaces.
4. Improved mechanisms for funding those concepts with a higher degree of integration (including EU funding schemes).
5. Greater involvement of stakeholders, particularly transport operators.
For more information, please visit the dedicated website at: http://www.closer-project.eu/
E-freight is to be an open ICT system enabling complete trip support incl. booking, invoicing, tracking and transshipment. It allows users to be fully informed and enables transport choice for the fastest, easiest, cheapest or most ecological (minimum carbon footprint) way.
The purpose of the e-Freight Framework is to provide a reference model for Freight Transport & Logistics, supporting paperless information exchange among stakeholders in all transport modes.
The ambition is to develop an e-Freight Framework that will be adopted by all standardisation organisations around the world as a common Framework for interoperability.
- Define a standard framework for freight information exchange covering all transport modes and all stakeholders in door-to-door logistic chains.
- A single EU transport document for all carriage of goods, irrespective of mode, along with all the necessary legislative support.
- Establish a single window (single access point) and one-stop shopping for administrative procedures in all modes.
- Establish simple, harmonised border crossing procedures for all modes of transport for all EU member states.
- Establish simple procedures and the necessary infrastructure for establishing secure and efficient transport corridors between Europe, USA, and Asia
For more information, please visit the dedicated website at http://www.efreightproject.eu/
SuperGreen aims to assist the Commission with defining the ‘Green Corridor’ concept and promotes the development of European freight logistics in an environmentally friendly manner.
The objectives of the SuperGreen project concern supporting the development of sustainable transport networks by fulfilling requirements covering environmental, technical, economic, social and spatial planning aspects.
The project involves 22 partners from 13 European countries. Already a selection of 9 corridors has been made in Helsinki in June 2010 and will be used for benchmarking and further analysis in the project
SuperGreen is a Coordinated Action supported by the European Commission (DG-TREN) in the context of the 7th Framework Programme.
For more information, please visit the dedicated website at : http://www.supergreenproject.eu/index.html
Press Release on EIA event, Intermodal Seminar “Adriatic-Baltic Corridor: NAPA Perspective”
Read our achievements, activities and examples how members successfully use EIA…
- Cutting Carbon, Cutting Costs - conference highlightsCutting Carbon, Cutting Costs Conference at the Heritage Motor Show on 22 May. […]
- Commission proposes upgrade for 300 key seaportsThe European Commission has launched a new initiative to improve port operations and onwar […]
- Minister opens Maasvlakte 2More activity on the way alongside container terminals Maasvlakte 2 €150 million cheaper t […]
- Bayonne CLIPER launchs a new feeder serviceThe Intermodal Logistics Club Port of Euro Region (CLIPER) based the Basque town of Bayonn […]